Resume work or face the sack, governors tell striking doctors

'You will not deter us'-CS Matiangi
January 9, 2017
Another radio station ordered to shut down by Gambian forces
January 9, 2017

Striking doctors have been given until Wednesday to resume work or lose their jobs.

Council of Governors Chairman Peter Munya says all the vacant positions will be advertised and new doctors recruited to restore services in public hospitals if the doctors do not resume work.

Addressing journalists after a meeting with officials from the Health ministry on Monday over the strike, the governors urged the doctors to reconsider their position as the national and county governments had given them a “reasonable offer.”

CoG chairman and Meru Governor Peter Munya said county governments will advertise the positions of doctors who are dismissed.

He further said the practice of the national government posting doctors had been ended and counties will now be advertising vacancies for medics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *